Interested in honey bees?
Our local divisions have experienced speakers who are happy to provide educational talks to local schools and organisations. Please contact your local division for more information.
If you simply want to find out more about honey bees there is a wealth of information available on the internet. One of the best places to start is the BBKA website.
Many people want to support bees without keeping them themselves. There are a number of ways in which you can support honey bees.
· Plant bee friendly flowers and shrubs in your garden
· Allow a beekeeper to keep bee hives in your garden or on your land. Please contact your local division with any offers
· Make a donation to the charity Bees Abroad, which trains and helps people in developing economies to make a living from managing honey bees
· Make a donation to the SBKA or a local division to help them continue to work to support honey bees and promote the craft of beekeeping
· Buy local honey and hive products from a local beekeeper